This policy of DIGITAL GATEWAYS SP. Z O. O., hereinafter referred to as “DG” or “us”, in order to comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
The administrator of the stored data is DIGITAL GATEWAYS SP. Z O.O., headquartered in Warsaw, Pl. Europejski 1, 00-844 Warsaw, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw. Warsaw, XII Economic Department of the National Court Register, under KRS entry number: 0000790370, NIP: 5272896326.
This policy says:
- what information we can collect about you
- how we can use this information
- When we can use your data to contact you
- what information about you we can share with others
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
This policy covers the services that are offered by the DG. Sometimes it also includes services offered by parts of our Partner that operate as separate companies. But only if these services link to the policy or indicate that it applies.
User, you – a legal adult natural person who provides his/her personal data in connection with the use of DG websites.
DPO – The Data Protection Officer is authorized to act on behalf of the DG to verify compliance of our procedures with applicable regulations. The inspector is also available to answer any questions about personal data.
GDPR – European Parliament’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016. This act protects individuals and the use of their personal data and replaces Directive 95/46/EC on personal data.
DG websites – websites operated by or on behalf of DG and its subsidiaries worldwide.
Commercial information – any information intended directly or indirectly to promote DG’s subscription, services or image.
Data integrity – refers to the situation in which data integrity is maintained during operations such as reading, writing, transmission or storage.
Partner – an entity to which the DG provides services or an entity that provides its services to the DG.
3. who is the data controller and data protection officer?
We are the controller of your personal data. Who are “we”? We are – DIGITAL GATEWAYS SP. Z O.O. with headquarters in Warsaw, Pl. Europejski 1, 00-844 Warsaw, registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw. Warsaw, XII Economic Department of the National Court Register, under KRS entry number: 0000790370, NIP: 5272896326.
You can contact us directly by going to our websites to learn more about the company, our programs and services, without having to provide your personal information.
We have appointed Damian Klimas as DPO, who can be contacted via e-mail: email@example.com.
4 Why does DG process your data and what is the legal basis?
We try not to process your data at all, but circumstances may arise in which your personal data is necessary to perform the requested service. In such cases, you will be informed about the necessity of your data and how it will be used, which will allow you to decide whether or not to provide your data, for example in our contact form or if you want to receive our newsletter.
Providing your personal information may be necessary when you are interested in providing a particular service (e.g., preparing a quote, receiving information about a subscription) or in situations where you are interested in processing transactions (e.g., conferences). Możeszen be asked to fill out and submit a form/questionnaire that clearly informs you what type of personal data will be collected. If you disclose personal data of a third party (e.g. a colleague) in a form/questionnaire, we assume that you have the appropriate authorization from the person whose data has been disclosed.
We must have a valid reason to use your data. This is called the “lawful basis for processing.” Sometimes the DG may ask for your permission to do certain things, such as when you subscribe to a newsletter. In other cases where you might expect us to use your personal information, we do not ask for your consent, but only if:
- The law says it can be used, and
- matches the rights you have
We may process your data:
- for the performance of a contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR) – when we provide you with premium content after you register and log in to the relevant service, or for the organization of an event (e.g. a conference);
- on the basis of our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR) – when we process your data to contact you (handle your requests, complaints and inquiries) for marketing purposes, to send you newsletters if you provide us with your email, and to research, analyze and improve the quality of our services (profiling, data analytics);
- based on your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) – i.e. in the case of processing your personal data for marketing purposes, send you marketing offers.
We use your personal information for these types of things:
- for the purpose of providing our services and providing you with information about them,
- handling applications, complaints and inquiries,
- to personalize services and give you things more tailored to your tastes
- If you do not want to receive personalized emial you can always disable this option. Wyślij do nas e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- to help us understand what services you can use, and sometimes how you can share things with other people
- to recommend things we think you might be interested in
- for research and innovation
- to contact you on various matters
5. do you have to provide your personal information to DG?
Providing us with your personal information is not required in most cases, but may be necessary to provide certain services – such as subscribing to our newsletter, receiving premium content prepared by DG, and contacting us via our contact form. If you do not provide us with your data, we will not be able to provide you with the mentioned services or we will not be able to contact you.
6 What types of personal information do we collect about you?
We will provide details about why we need your personal information and how we will use it before you provide it, unless it is obvious – as in the case of a contact form.
6.1. Personal data that you may provide to us
If you want to contact us through our contact form, we may ask for your name and contact information, depending on what you do.If you want to receive newsletters or premium content prepared by DG, we will ask for your email to deliver the newsletter or this content.
6.2. We may process information about your devices
Devices for which we process data:
- your computer,
- YOUR PHONE,
- your tablet,
- Your voice-enabled device,
- any other devices used by the service user.
6.3. Data on your activities outside of DG.
7 How long will DG keep your personal information?
When you give us any personal information, we will always adhere to these principles:
- We do not keep your data longer than necessary,
- we keep your data only as long as we perform the activities we have informed you about or have a valid reason to keep them
- One wonders what kind of information it is, the amount of information, how sensitive it might be and what the legal requirements are.
We will keep your personal data for no longer than three years. If you have given us consent, we will process your data until you withdraw it.
8 When will DG use your personal information to contact you?
We may use your email or phone number to contact you about various matters, such as:
- Informing you of any changes to DG policies and practices
- to contact you regarding an inquiry you sent
- to respond to you when you contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- Invite you to participate in DG events
- for marketing purposes
- to send notifications to the device, if selected in the settings
We will only contact you if necessary or if you give us permission to do so.
9. what are your rights?
Remember that you are in control of your personal information. You have the right to:
- Request access to and copies of your personal data,
- don’t let robots make decisions for you,
- Ask us to correct erroneous personal data (rectification), erase it (deletion), or request that we use it only for specific purposes (restriction of processing), and object to processing
- The right to data portability (in order, for example, to transfer your data to another controller),
- change your mind and ask us to stop using your data. E.g., unsubscribing from all marketing emails or turning off personalization,
- withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal,
To do so, send an e-mail to: email@example.com with your request.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for data protection in Poland is the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
Keep in mind that sometimes we may not be able to help. For example, if the law tells us that we must process your personal data, or in cases where you object to the processing and we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights or freedoms.
10. use of personal data
10.1 Performance of services
By informing us of your desire to learn about commercial information, in particular including subscription offers, services, receiving newsletters, you agree to be contacted directly. We may share your personal data with entities whose involvement in the service is absolutely necessary (e.g. technology partners, application developers, financial and government institutions, postal services, transportation companies). These entities are required to use the personal information provided to them solely for the purpose of performing the service for us and will treat your personal information as strictly confidential.
The data you provide may be used to maintain or develop a business relationship, as well as to ensure the appropriate provision of services. We may contact you to conduct a customer satisfaction survey or market research.
10.2 Marketing objectives
Your personal information provided through our websites, or provided when you attend our conference or event, may be used by us for marketing purposes. The data may also be shared with selected third parties with whom we cooperate in providing products and services to our customers and with whom we cooperate in marketing, provided that the entity has been entrusted with the processing of personal data by DG as a personal data controller under a separate agreement. Personal data will be used in the above-mentioned manner only if you consent to such action. We will only send you marketing emails or contact you if you give us permission to do so.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for certain reasons.
We may use the information we have about you to show you relevant and “targeted advertising” through third-party sites such as Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Twitter.
If you don’t want to see our targeted ads, you can set your ad preferences in your social media companies’ settings. Also, you can send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide our partners with dedicated websites containing the information necessary to work with us. Access to these services requires registration and the corresponding login of the registered User on each visit. Personal data and information provided through such services may be used by us to manage business relationships with you or the Partner represented by you, as well as with all Partners, and to develop these relationships, which may be done in particular by providing commercial information, product information, marketing information and information about partner programs. We reserve the right to share personal data and information with our Partners and suppliers for the purpose of performing a service or carrying out a process, provided that the entity has been entrusted with the processing of personal data by us as a personal data controller under a separate agreement, unless additional confidentiality obligations have been stipulated.
We provide our tenants with dedicated websites that provide a knowledge base of the services used by tenants. Access to these services requires registration and the corresponding login of the registered User on each visit Information provided through these services may be used by us to manage business relationships with you or the Tenants you represent, as well as with all Customers, and to develop these relationships, which may be done in particular by providing commercial information, product information, marketing information and offers. We reserve the right to share personal data and information with our Partners and suppliers for the purpose of performing a service or carrying out a process, provided that the entity has been entrusted with the processing of personal data by us as a personal data controller under a separate agreement, unless additional confidentiality obligations have been stipulated.
10.5 Electronic announcements
We use third-party providers of interactive electronic advertising (e.g., banner ads). These entities are authorized to collect and use customer information for the sole purpose of providing optimal service to DG, as well as to determine what offers, promotions and types of advertising are best received by our customers. The information collected in this way is aggregate and therefore cannot be used to identify an individual user.
10.6 When does DG share my personal information with others?
We will never sell your personal information. We share them with others as follows:
- When you make something public, such as posting a comment that the public can see.
- When we use other companies to power our services
In order to provide you with a quality experience and to understand how you use our services, we often use third parties to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, to send you emails about things we think you might be interested in, or to ask you what you think about our services.
We make sure that your personal information is taken care of as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, give them only what they need to get the job done, and make sure the information is safe.
- When we conduct joint research
We conduct research activities and sometimes collaborate with scientific partners. From time to time, we share our content and data with them. This may include information we have collected about you. However, we are careful about what we make available and what our research partners can do with it.
- Sometimes by law we have to pass your information to other organizations
We may also share your information when required to do so by law or when we need to protect you or others from harm.
11. system logs
Your visit to our sites is automatically recorded on the server, in the so-called “server”. system logs. The data stored in this way includes, among other things, the date, time of the visit and IP address. Data from system logs are used only for the purpose of administering servers and collecting statistics on website traffic. In most cases, system logs do not allow us to identify you.
12 Cookies and similar technologies
Cookie technology is used by most highly developed websites to improve the quality of their services and perform certain functions, among others.
- Creating individual content viewing statistics,
- Personalization of services performed using the service,
- Maintenance of user sessions,
- Authentication of people using the service,
- Providing you with personalized advertising content.
DG websites use the following types of cookies:
- ‘Necessary’ cookies that enable you to use the services of our website, for example to enable your session,
- ‘Functional’ cookies, used for remembering the User’s selected settings and personalizing the User’s interface, e.g. with regard to the selected mobile/classic version, the last phrases typed by the User, the appearance of the website, bookmarking the status mechanism, etc.
- ‘Analytical’ cookies, used for profiling and monitoring user activity on the site.
Cookies are not used to process or store personal data, cannot be used for direct identification, do not change the browser options or configuration of the end device. You can specify and modify your browser settings yourself so that it does not accept cookies. If you select this option, some of our services may not work properly or at all. It is possible to set the browser to ask for the user’s permission before each use of a cookie. This allows the user to have full control over what is set on their device, but can slow down the browser. To manage cookies, please select your browser from the list below and follow the instructions:
- Internet Explorer
If you do not change the configuration of cookies, it means that they will be stored on your terminal device, and thus we will retain information about your terminal device and access this data.
13. modification of personal data
You have the right to review your data stored by the DG and, if necessary, correct and update any inaccurate or incomplete personal information. In addition, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data from the DG database at any time. To do so, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com with a request to change or delete your personal information.
14. disclosure of information required by law
In certain limited circumstances, we may share or transfer personal information to third parties who are not affiliated with us. In particular, we may transfer personal data to a third party: at your request;
- in order to comply with legal requirements or a court order;
- to verify the possibility of committing the crime of identity theft;
- In connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of the DG;
- In other similar circumstances.
15. data protection
We care very much about keeping your data safe and to achieve this, we design our services with maximum security in mind. At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your DG personal information has been put at risk, please contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The companies that provide services to us conduct their services in the European Economic Area. When you provide us with personal data, it cannot be transferred, stored or processed in locations outside the EEA.
We implement appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of personal data and maintain its integrity. We use an encrypted connection (Secure Sockets Layer) to protect the transmitted data. We are not responsible for data sent by third parties and for data sent via unsecured connections.
16. links to websites of other companies/organizations
Our website may contain links to websites of other companies or organizations. We are not responsible for the data protection procedures and mechanisms used by these companies/organizations or the content of other websites.
17. notifications of policy updates
If you do not agree with the changes, you can always stop using our services and not provide us with any more personal information. We will be sorry if you leave.
18. privacy questions and complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about how DG uses your personal information, please contact us at the following address:
by email: email@example.com
by position: DIGITAL GATEWAYS SP. Z O.O., Warsaw Spire, 38th floor, Plac Europejski 1, 00-844 Warsaw, Poland.
contact our DPO: firstname.lastname@example.org